The Rules and Policies at Hart's
At Hart’s Gymnastic Center it is important that each students respects those around them and the gym in which they practice. Here is a list of rules and policies we ask each student and parent to abide by.
The following guidelines are provided with your child’s safety in mind:
- Girls should wear one-piece leotards. Bike shorts or leggings may be worn over the top of the leotard if your child desires.
- Boys should wear a t-shirt and gym shorts or sweatpants. T-shirts must be tucked in and the shorts must be free of buttons, zippers, or snaps.
- Long hair should be tied back.
- Bare feet are less slippery than feet with socks. No tights are allowed with feet in them.
- No jewelry, food, or gum in the gym!
Arrival and Departure
- Please park in the designated Hart’s Gymnastic Center parking areas. If these areas are full, parking is available on the side of the building in designated parking slots.
- Watch your speed when driving in the parking lot.
- Warm up time is essential for your child’s safety; please plan to arrive on time.
- Shoes, coats, and extra clothing should be kept in the cubicles provided.
- All students should remain in the viewing area until their class is called out to the gym.
- Parents please pick students up promptly after their class is completed.
- Students are not allowed to leave the building except with a parent or other responsible adult. Parents – you MUST come inside to pick up your child.
Make Up Classes
- Make up lessons are for missed classes only, no refunds or credits will be given
- Students must be currently enrolled
- Make ups must be completed within two weeks of the missed class
- All make ups must be scheduled in advance through the front desk and are subject to availability
- Please schedule make up classes one week at a time
Holidays and Bad Weather Closure Policies
Hart’s Gymnastic Center will hold classes on legal holidays unless it is posted otherwise. We will follow the Kent School District inclement weather policy. If the Kent School District is closed due to adverse weather conditions, Hart’s Gymnastic Center will be closed. If the Kent school district is NOT listed for any closures or delays, then Hart’s will be open for a normal schedule. If there is a 1 or 2 hour delay (late arrival) listed for the Kent District, Hart’s will be closed for morning classes and make-ups can be arranged through the front desk. All other classes will be run at normal times. To check the status of the Kent Schools go to www.schoolreport.org.
If the schools are 1 to 2 hours late, Hart’s Gymnastic Center will not run morning classes. Afternoon classes will operate as scheduled.
Please call the gym if you are not sure or if you have questions.
Parents and visitors are welcome and encouraged to observe classes. It is important, however, that you remain in the upstairs viewing area and not proceed into the gym area. For safety, please do not allow your children to play on the preschool equipment or jump into the pit.
PLEASE do not allow your children to run around, “jump or climb”, or do gymnastics in the viewing area. The bleachers are provided for safe and quiet viewing. Siblings, friends, and other children must have adult supervision at all times.
Please make every effort to keep the viewing area clean and neat. Flash photography can be dangerous to the gymnasts and will not be allowed.
Tuition is due on the first class of the session. A late fee of $15 will be charged after the 10th of the month.